Christina joined the Corporate and Commercial practice at Norman Waterhouse in 2019.
She holds a Bachelor Degree of Applied Science, a Bachelor Honours Degree of Law and Legal Practice (first class) and a Masters of Taxation with the University of New South Wales. For tax law enthusiasts like Christina, there is nothing more exciting than unravelling a complex tax question and breaking it down into something that is simple to understand and apply in a practical way. On the back of a varied life and career path, Christina feels she is ideally situated at Norman Waterhouse Lawyers to apply her significant academic knowledge, broad work experience and contagious enthusiasm to our clients’ unique business circumstances.
Following her admission to the Supreme Court of South Australia in 2006, Christina practised at a boutique law firm specialising in taxation and commercial law. Between 2005 and 2018, Christina also held several board member positions with both professional and community organisations, during which time she gained significant experience of business management and development, securing and implementation of Government grant projects, advocacy, law reform, regulatory compliance and corporate governance in the not-for-profit sector.
Prior to discovering her passion for the law in her late 20s, Christina practised for 10 years as an allied health professional in both private medical practices and large public hospitals in Australia (Sunshine Coast, Sydney and Adelaide) and in London, United Kingdom. She is very well travelled and speaks conversational German.
- Associations and Charities
- Business structuring and restructuring
- Corporate and not-for-profit governance
- General commercial transactions
- Federal taxes (including income tax, capital gains tax and goods and services tax)
- State taxes (including stamp duty, land tax and payroll tax)
- Superannuation (taxation and compliance)
- Self managed superannuation funds
- Member, Law Society of South Australia
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of SA Inc
- Member, Australian Women Lawyers
- Lawbook Company Prize in Remedies, 2004
- Chancellor’s Letter of Commendation, 2005
- DLA Philips Fox Prize in Negotiation, 2005
- Fisher Jeffries Price: Civil Litigation, 2005
Christina's Areas of Practice
Taxation & Business Structuring
Corporate and tax laws are ever changing. Strategic business structuring assists businesses in adapting and remaining competitive. With years of experience providing accurate, commercially-astute and innovative legal solutions, we are…
Commercial & Consumer Law
Robust, relevant and understandable contracts are essential to every business transaction to support business relationships and manage risk. Our large team of dedicated and experienced individuals can assist you with every aspect and at…
Whether you are running a large corporate group, an SME, or a not-for-profit business, having your day to day governance under control can alleviate stress and administrative burden into the future. Our team can help you to navigate…