Johanna advises a wide range of clients, both national and international, on a wide range of matters.
She is regarded as a leading professional adviser to the corporate and business sector as well as to the not for profit and charity sector in South Australia.
In addition to her skills as a general commercial practitioner, Johanna has a specific interest and expertise in the areas of corporate governance and the not for profit sector. This is demonstrated in her focus on governance subjects as part of her Masters of Laws studies at the University of Melbourne, her regular attendance at the Annual Charities and Not For Profits Tax and Regulatory Conference and her role sitting on the Australian Institute of Directors’ roundtable meetings on “Good Governance Principles and Guidance for Not for Profit Organisations”.
- Business structures and business succession planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder, partnership and JV agreements
- Intellectual Property
- Licence and distribution agreements
- Supply agreements and terms of trade
- Australian Consumer Law
- Corporations and securities regulation
- Charities and not for profit entities
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Business Law Section - Law Council of Australia
- Law Society of SA
- Board member of Food SA Inc
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Fellow)
- Board member of The Multiple Sclerosis Society of South Australia and Northern Territory Inc
- Board member of Australian Podiatry Association SA Inc
- Founding director and Deputy Chairperson of Wilderness in Nepal Ltd
Johanna's Areas of Practice
Commercial, Projects & Procurement
As the Counsel for Councils for close to 100 years, we are best placed to assist Councils across the broad spectrum of issues relating to major projects, procurement, probity and commercial transactions, large and small.
Taxation & Business Structuring
Corporate and tax laws are ever changing and strategic business structuring assist businesses to adapt and remain competitive. With years of experience providing accurate, commercially-astute and innovative legal solutions, we are…
Commercial & Consumer Law
Robust, relevant and understandable contracts are essential to every business transaction, support business relationships and manage risk. Our large team of dedicated and experienced individuals who can assist you with every aspect and at…
Whether you are running a large corporate group, an SME, or a not-for-profit business, having your day to day governance under control can alleviate stress and administrative burden into the future. Our team can help you to navigate…
Taxation, Superannuation & Wealth Management
Norman Waterhouse has significant experience providing specialist taxation and wealth management advice. We can assist you with any taxation or succession issue you may encounter and can advise how to best structure your assets to provide…