Viviana holds a Bachelor of Laws degree with Honours from the University of Adelaide. She has been admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of South Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to commencing at Norman Waterhouse, Viviana worked in the field of Environmental Science and holds a Bachelor of Science (Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) degree with Honours.
Since joining the Environmental Health and Regulatory Services team, Viviana has been instrumental in assisting client councils obtain successful outcomes for matters held in the Magistrates Court, the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Environment, Resources and Development Court.
Her analytical approach and attention to detail is a strong asset to the team and compliments the vast breadth of expertise within the Environmental Health and Regulatory Services team, the Governance and Public Law team and the Employment and Safety team.
She has a keen interest in her community and local government and desires to specialise in enforcement and governance dealing with both civil and criminal jurisdictions under the following legislation:
- Food Act 2001
- Local Nuisance and Litter Control Act 2016
- Dog and Cat Management Act 1995
- South Australian Public Health Act 2011
- Local Government Act 1999
- Liquor Licensing Act 1997
- Fire and Emergency Services Act 2005
- Expiation of Offences Act 1996
- Summary Offences Act 1953
- Criminal Procedure Act 1921
Viviana provides timely, pragmatic legal solutions which are consistent with Norman Waterhouse’s culture and reputation. She has excellent communication skills in both the written and verbal form.
- Prosecution and enforcement in a wide range of Environmental, Health and Regulatory matters
- Civil enforcement orders
- Food safety
- Public health
- Liquor licensing
- Animal management and control
- Road traffic related prosecutions/defence
- By-laws and regulations
- Member of the Law Society SA
Viviana's Areas of Practice
Environment & Regulatory Services
We are as committed as our clients to the proper regulation and protection of the environment, public spaces, public health, and the comfort and safety of South Australian communities.