Norman Waterhouse has one of the largest teams of employment law and Work Health and Safety (WHS) experts in South Australia.
We have been one of South Australia’s pre-eminent employment and WHS law practices for well over three decades. A number of our practitioners continue to be listed as Leading Employment Lawyers and Leading Workplace Health and Safety Lawyers in Doyle’s Guide.
Our team has a breadth of experience to represent our clients in litigious and non-litigious matters, and provide clients with practical advice on their legislative, industrial, and contractual rights and obligations.
Our understanding and ability to manage complex employment and WHS matters reflects our many years of experience. Our expertise ranges across different sectors and industries, and we provide personalised services to each of our individual clients. Our team regularly represents and provides advice to clients in manufacturing, abattoirs, automotive, construction, financial, real estate, retail, hospitality and financial services industries.
We appreciate that our clients require timely responses as well as practical advice and solutions. We establish strong lasting relationships with our clients, and focus on effective communication between our practitioners and each client.
- Litigious and non-litigious industrial and employment related disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Interpretation and application of Awards, Enterprise Agreements, industrial agreements and legislation;
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Workplace investigations
- Termination and disciplinary action
- Unfair Dismissals
- General Protections
- Restructuring and redundancy
- Investigation and review of WHS matters
- Defending WHS prosecutions
- Workers compensation
- Code of conduct complaints and investigations
- Bullying and harassment complaints and investigations
- Employee drug and alcohol matters
- Performance management
- Enterprise bargaining agreements and negotiations
- Industrial action
- Judicial reviews
- Equal opportunity and discrimination
- Underpayment claims
- Independent contractor advice and agreements
- Employment related taxation and Superannuation
- Training workshops and seminars