Our advantage is the diversity of our firm’s client base, which includes large corporate, multi-national and institutional clients, Government, developers, investors, families and individuals.
Working with all sections of the market, we understand property, development and conveyancing transactions from all angles. As such, our advice is legally accurate and commercially relevant and our documents are focussed, robust and effective.
As a full service law firm, our team has the required skills and expertise necessary to assist from start to finish with any property-related project. The firm’s recent experience includes:
- Major retail and commercial property transactions (including the negotiation of development agreements and complex multi party side documents with financiers and builders);
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on legal documentation for complex property matters including tender and expression of interest documentation and contracts for sale;
- Advising on construction based matters including construction contracts and disputes; and
- Providing procurement and probity advice in relation to expression of interest and tender based processes.
Larger-scale projects include the Brickworks Market Redevelopment, the Burnside Village Redevelopment, Murray Bridge Marketplace and 88 O’Connell Street North Adelaide (to name a few). We act in these transactions – carefully framing project deliverables, approach to market, evaluation and negotiation, documentation and contract management/delivery.
We have also acted for private sector parties in major transactions including German based international funds manager, Sachsenfonds, in the acquisition and development of Tower 2, 121 King William Street, Adelaide SA. This involved the negotiation of a series of transaction documents including a contract for sale, development agreement, and multiparty side deeds with the developer, builder and financiers to secure the development outcomes (transaction value approximately $75million).
- Property transactions
- Leases and licences
- Restrictive covenants
- Community and strata titles
- Land division
- Community land
- Reserves and parklands
- Crown land
- Old system land
- Native title
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Due diligence
- Shared use agreements
- Land management agreements
- Compulsory acquisition
- Fences and boundary disputes
- Site contamination
- Property trusts
- Joint ventures
- Retirement villages
- Management investment schemes
- Lands Title Office practice and procedure
- Family/estate property settlements