We provide timely, practical advice to enable local government decision makers to confidently manage the built and natural environment.
Our extensive experience of over more than 100 years enables us to provide strategic advice which is sensitive to political and commercial realities.
We understand that local government needs to work co-operatively with developers and other tiers of government wherever possible, but where necessary we are well equipped to litigate to defend the community’s interest at the highest level.
Having worked for, and within, the private sector, State and local government, we understand the drivers and pressures on all sides of a particular development or transaction.
- Town planning and property development
- Planning and environmental litigation
- Environment, Resources and Development Court matters
- Building and construction
- Development enforcement and compliance
- Development and environment policy
- Land division
- Land management agreements
- Infrastructure agreements and deeds
- Judicial review proceedings
- Administrative law
- Training and education
- Building Fire Safety
- Swimming Pool safety
- Stormwater management
- Built, cultural and natural heritage
- Native vegetation
- Significant and regulated trees
- Site contamination
- Waste management and recycling
- Gas extraction
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environment protection and licensing
- National parks and wildlife